LoveGreenLake.com Fishing Kids
Presented by Brad S Cooper /HomeSmart Real Estate and Promotion Events this event allows kids aged 5-14 years of age to experience a popular outdoor activity without going to the mountains. All equipment and supplies are provided. Volunteers will be on hand to help make this event successful for every child.
A net is installed in Green Lake in the swim area near Bathhouse Theater and stock it full of hungry trout. The volunteers will help with baiting the hook and landing the fish. This is for the kids so parents please resist the urge to take over in all the excitement. Although helping is encouraged. Bring your camera to capture the fun.
In order for the event to proceed smoothly and to help your child have a positive experience, please arrive 45 minutes before the start of your fishing time. This will allow plenty of time to check in and pick up the event T-Shirt before your group receives the water safety presentation and fishing pole. The fishing poles are a great beginner pole that your child will be able to keep and use again and again.
Fishing sessions last for 30 minutes or until 2 trout are caught. Once 30 minutes has passed or the 2 fish limit has been reached all kids and parents are to move to the fish cleaning station where volunteers working for tips will clean & bag the fish so you are able to take it/them home for dinner. Inside the registration bag you will find a recipe or you can Google for additional. Any child not catching a fish in the 30 minute window will be allowed to continue in the next fishing slot until they are successful catching a fish.
This event is very expensive to organize and host. Your registration covers approximately half of the cost while business sponsorship cover the balance. Please take a moment to thank each sponsor for helping to provide this opportunity for your child. The quickest and easiest way would be to tag them in your social media post about the event or simply posing on their social media profile. Without them this event would not happen!
This event is extremely popular and will sell out. Early registration is key. Please share the word with your friends and other parents. As the fishing poles and fish were ordered in mid March no additional tickets will be released.
If you are able to sponsor a child through a scholarship please consider doing that here.
Goals of the C.A.S.T. for Kids Program
- Expose children, who may not otherwise get the opportunity, to the sport of fishing and the enjoyment of the outdoors
- Encourage continued participation in fishing by developing skills in the children along with their parents
- Provide education and understanding to children about fish as a natural resource
Event Details – May 13th @ Green Lake
- Age range is from 5 to 14 years old only!
- Each child will receive a fishing pole, a t- shirt, the chance to catch 2 trout, and unlimited smiles . (A stretch of the shore will be netted and stocked with Trout, to help guarantee a catch)
- Kids will have an opportunity to receive a hands-on fishing lesson from volunteer anglers
- Participants will also have the opportunity to take part in water safety, boating and natural resource demonstrations
- The event will be held at swim are by Bathhouse Theater at Green Lake