Everyone knows Green Lake is the best place to walk a dog in Seattle so the Green Lake Chamber of Commerce and LoveGreenLake.com has decided to celebrate dogs and Summer with a Dog Days of Summer Festival. This Festival will combine all of our favorite things into one weekend July 22nd and 23rd. Come join is in all the fun!
The weekend features 3 PAWsome events described below
Green Lake Cutest Dog Contest
The is an online contest to determine Green Lake’s Cutest Dog. Votes are cast in the form of donations to two great charities Homeward Pet Adoption Center and C.A.S.T. for Kids organization. While you may register now the contest runs from June 1st to July 22nd with winners announced after the Dog Days of Summer 5k on July 23rd.
- Register your dog and help raise money here
- Winners receive a trophy and cool prizes
- All contestants entered into drawings
- Vote for the Green Lake’s Cutest Dog at http://greenlakecutestdog.com/
- Share the Facebook event on your social media profiles. The event is here
Dog Days of Summer Sale
- Bring your dog, friends, and family to Green Lake on the weekend of July 22nd and 23rd and save money at your favorite businesses. Click here to view our featured businesses.
- Share the news on your social media profiles using #GLDogDays
- Share the official Festival Facebook event on your Facebook page. The event page is https://www.facebook.com/events/394019267641387
Dog Days of Summer 5k
This event is similar to other Promotion Events races around Green Lake such as the Valentines Day Dash Love Em or Leave Em race except this one is dog friendly. It also includes a beer garden. The race will consist of several dog themes events although having dog is not necessary. The beneficiary of this race is the Green Lake Community Center. There will be a trade show set up at the event where racers, spectators, and Green Lake visitors will have a chance to meet business who have reserved booth space. To register for the 5k race visit here.